TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MagneGas Corporation ("MagneGas" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: MNGA), the developer of a technology that converts liquid waste into a hydrogen-based fuel, announced today that the Special Operations Team of the Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department has selected MagneGas as its preferred cutting fuel. As part of its overall strategy to grow fuel sales, the Company has identified fire departments and first responder units as ideal customers for the use of its gas due to the speed of the MagneGas cut and concentration of the heat affected zone. Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department is the first such customer.
" Clearwater Fire & Rescue has adopted MagneGas as its preferred primary metal cutting fuel. It is easy to use, safer than conventional fuels, and has excellent metal cutting properties. It also fits seamlessly into our green initiatives program. For those reasons we are looking forward to the use of this new innovative product," stated Special Operations Fire Chief, Kent Watts.
"The Clearwater Fire & Rescue Department conducted several comparison training exercises and found MagneGas to be superior on multiple levels including safety, speed and versatility. The reduced heat affected zone from our cut means the fire department can use the fuel for extractions with less impact on human life in the vicinity of the cut. This is a critical benefit of our fuel for these markets," stated Bryan George, Senior Vice President Sales & Distributor Relations for MagneGas.
Although the revenue from this fire department is not expected to be significant, the third party endorsement that this new customer provides from a quality and safety perspective is expected to generate additional customers in the gas sales market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV