Trade-Ideas: Western Union Company (WU) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- WU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $122.1 million.
- WU is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WU: The Western Union Company provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The Consumer-to-Consumer segment offers cash money transfer services involving walk-in agent locations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. WU has a PE ratio of 11.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Western Union Company a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Western Union Company has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Western Union has a market cap of $10.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 6.6% with 6.05 days to cover. Shares are up 37.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Western Union Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $240.20 million or 4.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.64%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, WU has outperformed against the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 46.79% is the gross profit margin for WESTERN UNION CO which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.33% trails the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, WESTERN UNION CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Western Union Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts