The auto parts maker reported earnings of 47 cents a share on revenue of $1.67 billion. Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance had expected earnings of 54 cents on revenue of $1.78 billion. The negative effects of currency exchanges and one-time charges depressed sales $79 million lower than a year earlier.
"Despite challenging demand in a number of end markets we serve around the world, our team continued to deliver on the performance of the business," CEO Roger J. Wood said in a statement.
The Ohio-based manufacturer lowered its full-year estimates, due to soft sales of heavy commercial vehicles in North America and the impact of weak construction and mining demand for off-highway construction equipment.Dana now expects full-year revenue of $6.7 billion and earnings of $1.76 a share, excluding share repurchase expenses expected in the fourth quarter. Analysts had hoped for earnings of $1.89 a share on revenue of $7.01 billion. TheStreet Ratings team rates Dana Holding Corp as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Dana Holding Corp (DAN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid long-term stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DAN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV