Kimco Realty Reports A 6.5 Percent Increase In Funds From Operations As Adjusted Per Diluted Share For The Third Quarter Of 2013; Board Approves A 7.1 Percent Dividend Increase Per Common Share
Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE:KIM) today reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Highlights for the Third Quarter 2013 and Subsequent Activity
- Reported funds from operations (FFO) of $0.34 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2013, compared to $0.29 per diluted share for the same period in 2012, representing a 17.2 percent increase;
- FFO as adjusted (recurring) was $0.33 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2013, compared to $0.31 per diluted share for the same period in 2012, representing a 6.5 percent increase;
- Announced a 7.1 percent increase in the quarterly dividend to $0.225 per common share;
- Pro-rata occupancy increased 100 basis points and 60 basis points for the U.S. and combined shopping center portfolios, respectively, to 94.4 percent and 94.0 percent, compared to September 30, 2012;
- U.S. same-property net operating income (NOI) increased 2.7 percent, which includes a negative 40 basis point impact from the inclusion of redevelopments, from the third quarter of 2012, representing the fourteenth consecutive positive increase;
- Recognized a 7.3 percent positive spread on U.S. leases signed during the quarter;
- Completed the sale of 98 properties in Latin America totaling approximately $779 million; and
- Executed a contract to acquire a 24-property portfolio concentrated in the greater Boston metropolitan area for $270 million.
Net income available to common shareholders for the third quarter of 2013 was $41.2 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, compared to $27.1 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012. Net income available to common shareholders during the third quarter of 2013 included $81.6 million of gains on sales of operating properties and $91.0 million of impairments attributable to the sale or pending disposition of operating properties. This compares to $11.7 million of gains on sales of operating properties and $4.3 million of impairments during the third quarter of 2012. Both operating property impairments and gains on sales are excluded from the calculation of FFO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV