Product & Pipeline Updates Announced by Gilead During the Third Quarter of 2013 Include:
- Results from a Phase 2 study (Study 102) evaluating an investigational once-daily single tablet regimen containing tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) for the treatment of HIV-1 infection. At 48 weeks, a regimen of elvitegravir 150 mg/cobicistat 150 mg/emtricitabine 200 mg/TAF 10 mg was found to be similar to Stribild based on the percentage of patients with HIV RNA levels less than 50 copies/mL, and was associated with more favorable renal and bone safety markers. These results were presented at the 53 rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy in Denver.
- Granting of marketing authorization by the European Commission for once-daily Tybost ®, a pharmacokinetic enhancer that boosts blood levels of certain HIV medicines. Tybost is indicated as a boosting agent for the HIV protease inhibitors atazanavir 300 mg once daily and darunavir 800 mg once daily as part of antiretroviral combination therapy in adults with HIV-1 infection. This approval allows for the marketing of Tybost in all 28 countries of the European Union.
- Submission of a New Drug Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for marketing approval to support the use of idelalisib, an investigational, targeted, oral inhibitor of PI3K delta, for the treatment of indolent non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (iNHL) for patients with iNHL that is refractory (non-responsive) to rituximab and to alkylating-agent-containing chemotherapy.
Conference CallAt 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time today, Gilead's management will host a conference call and a simultaneous webcast to discuss results from its third quarter 2013 as well as provide a general business update. To access the webcast live via the internet, please connect to the company's website at www.gilead.com 15 minutes prior to the conference call to ensure adequate time for any software download that may be needed to hear the webcast. Alternatively, please call 1-866-825-3209 (U.S.) or 1-617-213-8061 (international) and dial the participant passcode 95755257 to access the call. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the company's website for one year, and a phone replay will be available approximately two hours following the call through November 1, 2013. To access the phone replay, please call 1-888-286-8010 (U.S.) or 1-617-801-6888 (international) and dial the participant passcode 81078378.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV