ATLANTA, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced the release of its latest SmartHub® eCommerce benchmarking analysis. The new release focuses on the customer service experience including multiple studies conducted in June and August of 2013.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The studies evaluate over 225 leading merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"In our latest study we wanted to take a closer look at customer service within the new commerce landscape," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "Live chat, email support, visibility to in-store inventory and policy knowledge, are all things that consumers expect from retailers. It's not just about shopping when and how they want anymore, for today's consumers; it's about total engagement with their brands on their terms."
The current release includes evaluates live customer service capabilities of the phone and chat channels for the retailers in our study. Among the findings:
- Contrary to the expectations of 69% of consumers, only 37% of retailers in the study offered live chat support.
- Live agents for retailers with both online and brick-and-mortar stores were able to provide information about local store inventory 59% of the time.
- Only 4% of customer service interactions included promotional or marketing messages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV