American Girl, a division of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT), today announced its expansion into Canada via the company’s award-winning catalogue and two experiential store-in-store boutiques in partnership with Indigo Books & Music Inc. (TSX: IDG), Canada’s largest book, gift, and specialty retailer. Opening in spring 2014, the new American Girl retail stores will be located in Indigo’s Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto, and Robson Street, Vancouver.
“For nearly 30 years, American Girl has been celebrating and encouraging girls through age-appropriate dolls, books, and experiences. Now, for the first time, we are thrilled to take the American Girl experience beyond the United States and inspire a whole new group of girls to achieve their personal best,” said Jean McKenzie, executive vice president of American Girl. “We’re equally excited about partnering with such a well-established and creative company like Indigo. Its strong following and powerful mix of premium experiences offers an ideal way to introduce American Girl to more Canadian girls and their families.”
Indigo’s Founder and CEO Heather Reisman said, “I’ve loved American Girl since its inception. My daughters grew up with American Girl. My granddaughters are growing up with American Girl. We at Indigo are thrilled to be bringing this iconic and inspired brand to Canada.”
Visitors to Indigo’s new American Girl store-in-store boutiques will find an assortment of the company’s popular doll brands, including the following:
- Girl of the Year ® —a modern-day character, launched annually, that comes to life via an original 18-inch doll, accessories, outfits, and books that reflect the interests and issues of today’s girls.
- My American Girl ® —a line of contemporary 18-inch dolls that allow a girl to select from several different combinations of skin tone, eye color, and hair-color to create a doll that’s just right for her. A variety of books, outfits, and accessories round-out the play experience for girls.
- Bitty Baby ® —a line of high-quality baby dolls available in 11 different combinations of skin tone, eye color, and hair-color, accompanied by premium picture books, outfits, and accessories that encourage nurturing play in girls 3 and up.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV