Intellicheck Mobilisa, Inc. (NYSE MKT:IDN), a global leader in identity solutions and wireless security systems, has launched an Android version of barZapp™, an ID-checking mobile app that allows a user’s smartphone to check an ID card. An introductory version is available in the Google App Store for $1.99 and offers users 10 scans per day once a free account has been created at this link. Unlimited scans are available for a paid subscription of $9.95 per month for the barZapp Pro version. barZapp for Android requires Android Version 2.3.3 or higher. With this launch, barZapp is now available on both the Google and Apple App Stores.
With barZapp, users can aim their smartphone's camera at the barcode on a driver’s license to instantly read and verify the encoded information and display the results—including the bearer’s name, date of birth, ID expiration and ID number. The app gives users a history (where permitted by law) of visitors scanned, with the ability to review visit count, first visit time, current visit time and most recent visit time. The app offers notifications for birthdays, under age and expired IDs. A host of settings can be accessed by users. These include the ability to show/hide male and female ages, and change alert sound effects.
Nelson Ludlow, Ph.D., President and CEO of Intellicheck Mobilisa, said, “We continue to expand our mobile software portfolio and believe that Android users will find this driver’s license reading app particularly useful. As I stated earlier this year, we believe barZapp offers an exciting and powerful tool to battle the problem of fake IDs. There are nearly 6.2 million alcohol servers, counting both on and off-premises, in the United States. We believe adding the large population of Android users to those who can use barZapp will help curtail underage drinking and sales of other age-restricted products which are often unknowingly sold to underage purchasers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV