RealPage, Inc. (NASDAQ: RP) today announced the acquisition of ActiveBuilding ( www.activebuilding.com), which offers a platform for improving the online living experience of apartment residents. ActiveBuilding helps owners and managers attract and retain residents who are interested in more online services and a much richer communications experience with management and other residents.
RealPage intends to offer two resident portal options for apartment owners. The first is the current RealPage Resident Portal ( www.realpage.com/resident-portal) which saves time and expense by providing residents with the best place to see billing, make payments, create service requests, reserve amenities and renew leases at their convenience. The second is ActiveBuilding, an advanced community portal intended for communities that want more engagement with their residents. Features of ActiveBuilding include:
- A messaging service that can send individual or mass messages via texts, phone calls, emails, Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platform.
- Automated package tracking with email notices, scanning for logging packages and automation of sign-off on pick-up.
- An interactive online community to drive engagement within the community and connectedness among staff and residents.
- The ability to view and take advantage of local offers by neighborhood vendors.
“ActiveBuilding is a powerful tool for communities catering to the growing resident demographic that wants to be highly engaged with their community and their neighbors,” said Steve Winn, Chairman and CEO at RealPage, Inc. “While improving the resident experience it also makes the job of the on-site staff easier.”
According to Kobi Bensimon, CEO of ActiveBuilding, “ActiveBuilding gives your property a life of its own by enabling residents to be active participants in the daily activities of the property and connect with their neighbors. Your residents can create their own profiles with specific interests; swap news, plan events, schedule play dates and send messages. A private community social space is intended to increase your resident retention and bolster your property’s reputation.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV