A.M. Best Co. has assigned a debt rating of “a” to the newly issued $150 million 4.875% senior unsecured notes due 2023 of RLI Corp. (RLI) (NYSE:RLI) (Peoria, IL). The outlook assigned is stable. All remaining ratings of RLI and its subsidiaries are unchanged.
RLI intends to use a portion of the proceeds to repay $100 million of outstanding senior notes, which mature in January 2014. The balance of the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
While RLI’s financial leverage ratio is temporarily increased from its historically modest norms, financial leverage is expected to improve in the short term given RLI’s plans to retire existing debt by the end of the year. RLI’s financial leverage ratio and fixed charge coverage remain well within A.M. Best’s guidelines for its current rating.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com. Copyright © 2013 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV