- Built and shipped more than 1.5 million custom computing and embedded systems for Avnet customers and partners, which include design engineers, embedded OEMs, independent software vendors (ISVs), systems integrators and value-added resellers (VARs). Avnet integrates solutions such as FlexPod ® from Cisco and NetApp, HP Converged Infrastructure solutions, IBM PureSystems ™ and other industry-leading technologies.
- Enhanced capabilities to advance specialized technologies, such as the design, development and integration of touch screen displays. Additionally, the Avnet Global Solutions center houses the Open Compute Project Innovation Lab focused on power-efficient scalable computing solutions; the Avnet LightLab for testing and measuring a wide range of LED applications; and a technology showcase that highlights the key technologies the center supports, such as 3D displays and converged data center technologies.
- Incorporated digital signage technologies throughout the facility to demonstrate Avnet’s complete digital signage solutions capabilities.
- Established standardized policies, process and workflows, based on Lean practices, that have been implemented in Avnet’s seven other integration facilities worldwide, effectively increasing Avnet’s ability to support its global customers
- Reduced the amount of waste entering landfills by recycling nearly a ton of cardboard every day and more than 99 percent of the by-products (e.g., CDs, manuals, slot covers and packaging) of the systems Avnet integrates. Also through the Avnet Refurbishment Program, which increases the lifecycle of products by repairing or upgrading systems, the Avnet Global Solutions Center has kept approximately 252,000 pounds or 126 tons of electronic waste from entering landfills.
- Matured Avnet’s continuous improvement capabilities, including Lean processes. The Avnet Global Solutions Center has consistently demonstrated its efficiency in system integration on a global scale, which has led to significant capacity and performance improvements as well as industry awards for Lean and visual management. In an average year, the facility ships orders to approximately 50 countries.
- Received multiple supplier certifications since opening the Global Solutions Center including becoming a Cisco Unified Computing System B and C Series Authorized Configurator, along with Cisco L6 facility approval.
Avnet Global Solutions Center Five-year Anniversary. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts