Today's Strong And Under The Radar Stock: MetLife (MET)
- MET has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $243.9 million.
- MET is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MET has a PE ratio of 107.1.
- MET is mentioned 0.50 times per day on StockTwits.
- MET has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MET is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MET is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MET is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MET is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MET with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MET NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MET: MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. MET has a PE ratio of 107.1. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for MetLife has been 6.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MetLife has a market cap of $51.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 2.30 and a short float of 2.7% with 4.82 days to cover. Shares are up 43% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MET's share price has jumped by 39.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- METLIFE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, METLIFE INC reported lower earnings of $1.09 versus $5.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.65 versus $1.09).
- MET, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $4,581.00 million or 27.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow METLIFE INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.58%.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.