DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market: ISCA; OTC Bulletin Board: ISCB) ("ISC") today unveiled its plan to provide race fans with the sport's first fully-integrated multi-media race-day experience across all its motorsports facilities over the next few years.
In addition to the thrilling live on-track racing action, fans will be able to enjoy rich multi-media content directly on their Sprint smartphones and other handheld devices, and on new high-definition video screens located throughout the racetrack. They will also enjoy enhanced connectivity to instantly share their raceday experience with friends inside and outside the track via Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
"With all the wonderful content available at-track, race fans are consuming our sport much differently today than a decade ago and they are sharing those experiences with friends across the country," said ISC CEO Lesa France Kennedy. "We're taking a strategic approach to provide the very best connectivity and superior multi-media content to further enrich the fan experience. We want to cater to all of our loyal fans in attendance and we are committed to making the necessary investments to provide the type of raceday experience our fans expect from the leader in motorsports entertainment."These enhancements, which began in 2013 and will continue in 2014 and 2015, focus on several key areas:
- Digital High-Definition Video Screens: Beginning with Talladega Superspeedway in 2014, new large high-definition video boards will be installed across all ISC tracks. These video boards will be located throughout each facility to ensure all fans in attendance have a clear view of the screens to enjoy all the great content that it will deliver.
- Unique At-Track Content: ISC has deployed a fully-integrated multi-media content strategy to deliver up-to-the-second live in-race and in-car cameras views, instant race data and other interactive race-day content to enhance the live on-track action and provide fans with a raceday experience unlike any other in the industry.
- Enhanced Connectivity: Wi-Fi service will be provided in premium camping and fan areas, as well as in high-traffic areas. These services were already installed at Michigan International Speedway and Auto Club Speedway of Southern California in 2013, and will be rolled out to other venues in the ISC family in 2014 and 2015. In addition, ISC is working with American Tower Corporation to provide improved cellular coverage to include 4G connectivity for fans during race weekends. These systems have already been installed at Daytona International Speedway, Kansas Speedway and Chicagoland Speedway, and will be rolled out in Phoenix International Raceway, Talladega Superspeedway and Auto Club Speedway in 2014 and the remaining ISC facilities in 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV