PITTSBURGH, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CONSOL Energy employees will join coal supporters from multiple states Tuesday to show their support for coal and what it means to the economy during an American Energy Jobs Rally in Washington, D.C.
Virginia CONSOL Energy employees and retirees boarded three Eastern Coal Council buses in far Southwest Virginia Monday along with other coal company representatives, coal suppliers and supporters, to head across the state to attend the rally planned for Tuesday. Two busloads of CONSOL Energy employees and members of Boilermakers Local 154 left from Pennsylvania early Tuesday morning headed to the rally site where National Mining Association and Count on Coal officials estimated approximately 65 industry buses were expected to arrive Tuesday morning carrying thousands of coal supporters.
"CONSOL Energy is pleased to be a part of the rally both through our sponsorship of buses headed to the rally and through our employees and retirees who volunteered their time to stand up for coal and what it means to our economy in the way of jobs and affordable, reliable electricity for millions of Americans," said Cathy St. Clair, CONSOL Energy public affairs director."It is our hope through this rally that we can focus attention on coal and its importance not only as a baseload energy provider, but also in its role as the backbone of the American economy," St. Clair continued. "We hope that we can draw attention to the fact that the policies which come from Washington directly have an impact on the people who choose to work in the coal industry and their families whose jobs and livelihoods are now threatened by some of those policies." NMA noted more than 30 members of Congress have asked to speak at the rally to express their support for coal, the people who work in the industry and their understanding of the importance of coal to the nation's economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV