New Lifetime High Reached: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL)
- CBRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.0 million.
- CBRL has traded 111,189 shares today.
- CBRL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBRL: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. develops and operates the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store concept in the United States. It operates full-service restaurants, which provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. CBRL has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cracker Barrel Old Country Store a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has been 156,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 4.8% with 7.14 days to cover. Shares are up 58.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cracker Barrel Old Country Store as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CBRL's share price has jumped by 69.80%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CBRL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $101.80 million or 30.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.67%.
- CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR increased its bottom line by earning $4.89 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $4.89).
- CBRL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.