Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified American Financial Group (AFG) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Financial Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AFG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- AFG has traded 378,920 shares today.
- AFG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AFG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AFG NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AFG: American Financial Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. The company operates in Property and Casualty Insurance, and Annuity segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. AFG has a PE ratio of 9.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate American Financial Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for American Financial Group has been 296,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Financial Group has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.32 days to cover. Shares are up 35.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Financial Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AFG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.21 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 44.22% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AFG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Insurance industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 11.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $99.00 million to $110.00 million.
- You can view the full American Financial Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about AFG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV