SL Green Realty Corporation (SLG) Trading With Heavy Volume Before Market Open
- SLG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.1 million.
- SLG traded 133,750 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:58 AM, representing 23.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SLG: SL Green Realty Corp. is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The firm engages in the property management, acquisitions, financing, development, construction, and leasing. It also provides tenant services to its clients. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. SLG has a PE ratio of 286.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate SL Green Realty Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for SL Green Realty Corporation has been 702,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. SL Green has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 5.9% with 8.17 days to cover. Shares are up 16% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SL Green Realty Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- SLG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 57.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $26.22 million to $41.33 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SL GREEN REALTY CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SL GREEN REALTY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.12%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.26% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full SL Green Realty Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts