SAN MATEO, Calif. and LONDON, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced further findings from recent research conducted by YouGov UK revealing that 74 percent of ERP decision makers in the UK using Sage's business software that were surveyed say they are likely to move to the cloud. In contrast, fewer than 1 in 5 (18 percent) don't see cloud as being important to the success of their company in the future.
The study, which was sponsored by NetSuite, was conducted by YouGov UK earlier in 2013. It questioned 531 ERP decision makers, 187 of which use Sage, in UK businesses with between 50 and 1,000 employees, in roles including CEO, CFO, Owner, Vice President and those in senior and middle management roles. Seventy percent of respondents in the study were Director level or higher.
The study also demonstrates that 44 percent of the Sage ERP respondents didn't believe Sage had a strategy to get them into the cloud. Additionally, these respondents are primarily focused on the IT benefits, rather than the business benefits of the cloud. This highlights the confusion that is being caused by false 'cloud' solutions which are just hosted versions of on-premise software, and therefore only deliver on some of the technical benefits of the cloud rather than the wider business transformation potential.
The top five, IT-focused benefits of moving to the cloud for Sage ERP users were cited as:
- Ability to access data from anywhere on any device (53 percent)
- Always running on the latest software version (48 percent)
- Low IT maintenance costs (45 percent)
- System updates handled by provider (42 percent)
- Faster deployment (30 percent)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV