Allergan, Inc. (NYSE: AGN) today announced operating results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Allergan also announced that its Board of Directors has declared a third quarter dividend of $0.05 per share, payable on December 11, 2013 to stockholders of record on November 20, 2013. As a result of Allergan’s approved plan to sell its obesity intervention business unit, the financial results from that business unit are reported as discontinued operations in the financial tables of this press release. Prior year amounts have been retrospectively revised for the discontinued operations.
Operating Results Attributable to Stockholders from Continuing Operations
For the quarter ended September 30, 2013:
- Allergan reported $1.10 diluted earnings per share attributable to stockholders compared to $0.82 diluted earnings per share attributable to stockholders for the third quarter of 2012.
- Allergan reported $1.23 non-GAAP diluted earnings per share attributable to stockholders compared to $1.04 non-GAAP diluted earnings per share attributable to stockholders for the third quarter of 2012, an 18.3 percent increase.
Product Sales from Continuing OperationsFor the quarter ended September 30, 2013:
Allergan reported $1,528.4 million total product net sales. Total
product net sales increased 12.9 percent compared to total product net
sales in the third quarter of 2012. On a constant currency basis,
total product net sales increased 14.0 percent compared to total
product net sales in the third quarter of 2012.
- Total specialty pharmaceuticals net sales increased 12.8 percent, or 13.9 percent on a constant currency basis, compared to total specialty pharmaceuticals net sales in the third quarter of 2012.
- Total medical devices net sales increased 13.4 percent, or 14.6 percent on a constant currency basis, compared to total medical devices net sales in the third quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV