According to a global survey commissioned by Citrix, 71 percent of enterprises believe mobility is a top priority for their business and 63 percent believe it to be the greatest factor in helping their organization gain a competitive advantage.
Of the organizations surveyed, approximately half have implemented technologies to support mobile devices, with 48 percent using mobile device management (MDM) and 47 percent using mobile application management (MAM). Organizations are also recognizing the need to provide Windows apps and desktop to mobile workers, with 41 percent of businesses using or planning to use application virtualization and 40 percent leveraging desktop virtualization. In addition, file sharing, sync and storage have been or will be implemented by 40 percent of companies to support mobile users.
Commissioned by Citrix to produce insight into mobility strategies of businesses around the globe, The Citrix Mobility in Business Report polled a total of 1,700 senior IT decision-makers across 17 countries. Respondents were asked about the advantages and challenges of implementing mobile initiatives, their current policies toward mobile devices and the impact that the consumerization of IT is having on their businesses. The report outlines results from the research and sheds light on the perceptions of mobility, its importance for companies and its perceived impact for improving flexibility, productivity and agility.
Other notable findings regarding mobile strategies include:
- The top two mobile initiatives for businesses are increasing development on mobile apps and increasing adoption of secure file sharing and collaboration tools. Improving network performance and access is the third most important mobile initiative.
- 51 percent of organizations say they are changing management processes to better manage those working on any device from anywhere.
- Organizations are most focused on measuring the impact that mobility has on productivity and employee motivation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts