General Motors (GM) ($35.80) set a multi-year high at $37.97 on Sept. 24. The government bailed-out auto maker has a hold rating with a semiannual value level at $34.41, a quarterly pivot at $35.44 and a weekly risky level at $37.82.
Garmin (GRMN) ($47.80) set a multi-year high at $50.00 on Oct. 16. The hold rated maker of navigation devices has a semiannual value level at $46.20 with a semiannual pivot at $48.10 and quarterly risky level at $49.82.
Ryland Group (RYL) ($44.04) has been trading back and forth around its 200-day SMA since June 21 and is currently above the 200-day at $40.26. The sell rated homebuilder has a monthly value level at $41.20 with a weekly risky level at $45.59.
SunPower (SPWR) ($31.89) set a multi-year high at $35.39 on Oct. 21. The buy rated solar panel maker has a monthly value level at $31.84 with a weekly risky level at $34.887.Visa (V) ($203.08) set a multi-year high at $204.50 on Monday. The hold rated credit card company and new Dow component has a monthly value level at $195.75 with a weekly risky level at $213.76. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV