We look at nine companies in seven sectors; three from the computer and technology sector and one each in these sectors; autos-tires-trucks, business services, construction, consumer discretionary, oils-energy and transportation.
The ValuEngine valuation warning remains in place with 77.8% of all stocks being overvalued, 47.28% by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued by double-digit percentages, 11 by 21% to 27.2%.
The auto-tires-trucks sector is 26.5% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 96 stocks in this sector 40.6% have sell or strong sell ratings.The business services sector is 25.5% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 236 stocks in this sector 61.4% have hold ratings. The computer and technology sector is 24.4% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1153 stocks in this sector 48% have buy or strong buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV