Heavy Early Morning Activity On BankUnited (BKU)
- BKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- BKU traded 82,887 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM, representing 12.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKU: BankUnited, Inc., a bank holding company, provides a range of banking products and financial services to commercial and middle-market businesses, and individual customers in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. BKU has a PE ratio of 14.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate BankUnited a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for BankUnited has been 506,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. BankUnited has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.40 days to cover. Shares are up 24.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BankUnited as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $49.56 million to $54.31 million.
- The gross profit margin for BANKUNITED INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.73% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANKUNITED INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- BANKUNITED INC has improved earnings per share by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BANKUNITED INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.06 versus $0.62 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.8% in earnings ($1.94 versus $2.06).
- You can view the full BankUnited Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.