AMSTERDAM, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE EUROPE 2013 –
- Joint keynote by RSA executives underscored that an intelligence-driven approach to security based on context and analytics is critical to properly defend today's open networks.
- RSA Executive Chairman Art Coviello drew parallels to Dutch economic and trade history to highlight the opportunities and risks inherent in today's digital economy.
- Mr. Coviello emphasized that security and privacy must be aligned to achieve the productivity potential of the digital economy.
In the opening keynote address kicking off RSA Conference Europe 2013, Art Coviello, Executive Vice President for EMC and Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), and Amit Yoran, Senior Vice President, Unified Products, RSA, outlined new approaches to enable safe and trusted digital infrastructures to help defend today's highly interconnected and open enterprises. Mr. Coviello drew parallels between the Dutch economic history and trading innovation and what is needed in today's digital world. Mr. Coviello also affirmed how security and privacy must be properly aligned to enable productivity opportunities in the digital economy.By leveraging an intelligence-driven security model using Big Data and analytics technologies, Mr. Coviello explained that security professionals can derive the necessary context to better defend enterprise networks and data from sophisticated cyber attacks. Mr. Coviello emphasized that standalone controls are siloed and one-dimensional, thereby not adding value - but that context can be developed by integrating discrete security controls and enabling them to interact with and inform each other. "When we understand the context of people's 'normal' behavior or how information flows on our networks, we can more clearly and quickly spot even a faint signal of any impending attack or intrusion, " Mr. Coviello said, "This is what makes intelligence-driven security future-proof. It eliminates the need for prior knowledge of the attacker or their methods."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV