SHENZEN, China, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China Public Security Expo (CPSE) -- Continuing its commitment to innovations that help make the world safer, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) is introducing three new DaVinci™ video processors, the DM388, DMVA3 and DM383, for next-generation camera needs. With TI's DM388 video processor, security manufacturers can leverage superior low-light technology to produce clear image quality, even in extreme low light environments. Security manufactures can also take advantage of affordable and accurate low power analytics technology via TI's DMVA3 vision coprocessor. With the DM383, TI is expanding its camera expertise into dashboard camera products, providing manufacturers with enhanced video quality for multi-sensor automotive video recorders in bright and low-light conditions. Customers using TI's DaVinci portfolio of video processors can quickly, easily and cost effectively build a scalable portfolio of highly differentiated IP cameras and dashboard camera applications.
"TI's new lower power DaVinci video processors enable Hikvision to manufacture smaller and more intelligent IP Cameras with best in class noise filtering and wide dynamic range performance," said Wu Weiqi, senior vice president, Hikvision.
A closer look at the technology behind the next-generation of cameras DM388 – Delivering superior motion compensated low-light performanceWith the DaVinci DM388 video processor, TI is delivering its fourth generation advanced motion compensated low-light technology for the two megapixel real-time IP camera market. The DM388 is capable of producing clear images at half the lighting required by the nearest competitive solution, making the cameras suitable for extreme low-light environments with any type of movement such as traffic cameras at dusk and dawn, parking areas or garages of an arena or venue and sports events during the evening hours. Putting TI at the forefront of low-light technology, the DM388 can simultaneously compress, transmit, and apply 3D noise filter and wide dynamic range, all in real time in a H.264 / SVC T format.
TI offers customers the ability to differentiate their products with flexible features, such as:
- High efficiency H.264 compression with noise filtering to save network bandwidth and storage space for videos in dark scenes
- Simultaneous multi-profile (base/main/high) encoding to provide the best video quality and compatibility
- Best-in-class integrated image signal processing (ISP) technology to enable true-to-life image quality along with face detection, video stabilization and fish-eye correction
- Read about TI's IP Camera and automotive dashboard camera reference designs
- Read TI's white paper on low-light performance
- Join the TI E2E™ Community
- Follow TI on Twitter
- Like TI on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV