"There is opportunity for everyone at Walmart. All you have to do is get your foot in the door," said Claudine McKenzie, store manager in Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. "I started as a temporary associate 17 years ago and today I run my own store. I understand what this company has to offer people, and that's why one of the best parts of my job is helping my associates develop and grow their careers."
In addition to Bill Simon, Walmart U.S. president and CEO, other executives participating in today's events include Gisel Ruiz, Walmart U.S. COO, Michael Bender, president of Walmart West, Joaquin Gonzalez, president of Walmart East and Mike Moore, president of Walmart Central.
For media interested in covering an in-store promotions event today, please contact https://news.walmart.com/reporter/.
About Walmart Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 200 million customers and members visit our 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately
$466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting
http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at
http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at
http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at
SOURCE Walmart Corporate Communications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV