AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announces the newest additions to the Tiva™ C Series microcontroller (MCU) platform. The Tiva TM4C129x MCUs are the industry's first ARM ® Cortex ™-M4-based MCUs with Ethernet MAC+PHY, enabling customers to create a new class of sophisticated, highly connected products that bridge the cloud and amplify the ever-growing Internet of Things (IoT). The feature-rich Tiva TM4C129x MCUs offer an unprecedented number of simultaneous connectivity options, as well as on-chip data protection and LCD controller to save significant board space and enable connected, advanced applications, such as home/building automation gateways, connected human-machine interface (HMI), networked sensor gateways, security access systems, programmable logic controllers and many others.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54050-texas-instruments-tiva-c-series-arm-cortex-m4-ethernet-internet-of-things
Developers can start evaluating Tiva TM4C129x MCUs with the available Tiva DK-TM4C129X Connected Development Kit, which utilizes the on-chip Ethernet MAC+PHY. The kit also includes two ports for BoosterPack* connectivity, making this development kit the first of its class to directly connect the TI MCU LaunchPad ecosystem to the Internet. Combined with this leading-edge development hardware, its fully integrated, unmatched software platform provides the most powerful development ecosystem of its kind. The new Tiva TM4C129x MCUs are built upon the strong TivaWare™ software foundation with more than 50 accompanying software application examples, which accelerate programming time and allow developers to concentrate on delivering differentiated products to market more quickly. A broad ecosystem offers a variety of development options, including TI's Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE), along with a myriad of third-party tools and software.Features and benefits of Tiva TM4C129x MCUs :
- Connect to and communicate with products and services with 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY with advanced line diagnostics for smart identification of cabling issues. Integrated CAN and USB provide high-speed connectivity, allowing the creation of seamless gateway solutions.
- Control outputs and manage multiple events, such as lighting, sensing, motion, display and switching, using sensor aggregation capabilities with 10 I2C ports, two fast, accurate 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), two quadrature encoder inputs, three on-chip comparators, external peripheral interface, as well as advanced pulse-width modulation (PWM) outputs.
- Address varying application memory needs with pin for pin compatibility across the TM4C129x portfolio. With 256 KB of integrated SRAM and 6KB EEPROM to support greater functionality, along with a scalable 512KB to 1 MB Flash memory offering to support 100,000 program cycles for extended in-field updates and reliable operation.
- Add data and tamper protection to applications and reduce processing overhead with the hardware acceleration of key encryption/decryption functions and cyclic redundancy check (CRC). Monitor and log external events and invoke corresponding actions to further secure critical data using tamper protection inputs and their associated capabilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV