ORRVILLE, Ohio, Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE: SJM) proudly announced today its roster of Team USA athletes, featuring U.S. Olympic champions and current U.S. Olympic hopefuls training to represent the United States at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Russia.
Athletes sponsored by Smucker include:
- J.R. Celski , two-time Olympic bronze medalist in short track speedskating;
- Kelly Clark , 2002 Olympic champion, 2006 Olympian, and 2010 Olympic bronze medalist in halfpipe snowboarding;
- Nick Goepper , 2013 Winter X Games gold medalist in slopestyle freeskiing;
- Gracie Gold , 2013 U.S. figure skating silver medalist;
- Evan Lysacek , 2010 Olympic figure skating champion;
- Julia Mancuso , 2006 Olympic champion and two-time 2010 Olympic silver medalist in alpine skiing;
- Louie Vito , 2010 Olympian and five-time Winter X Games medalist in halfpipe snowboarding;
- Kristi Yamaguchi , 1992 Olympic figure skating champion.
"The Winter Games represent a unique opportunity for families across the country to gather together and celebrate the remarkable achievements of these world-class athletes," said Richard Smucker, Chief Executive Officer of The J.M. Smucker Company. "We've partnered with an exceptional group of athletes, and we look forward to gathering with our own families during the Games to watch and share in their memorable Olympic moments."
Participating athletes will be featured in exclusive advertising, digital marketing, and cross-promotional activities leading up to the Games in support of four of the Company's leading brands – Smucker's ® , Folgers ® , Jif ® , and Smucker's Uncrustables ® . Unique information and content will be shared on participating brands' digital and social media properties giving consumers the opportunity to get to know each athlete as they document their individual journeys to the Sochi Winter Games.Smucker is an official sponsor of the 2014 and 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams competing in Sochi, Russia, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In addition to financial support, Smucker will make available for athletes and coaches a variety of food products from its participating brands at each of the U.S. Olympic Training Centers and at additional team venues. Get to Know the Athletes Smucker has assembled a distinguished team of athletes, each partnering with specific brands as a way to personalize the Sochi Winter Games experience for consumers. Fans can learn more about each athlete closer to the Games at their associated brands' Facebook and Twitter pages at facebook.com/folgers, #folgers, facebook.com/uncrustables, #uncrustables, @uncrustables, facebook.com/jif, #jif, @jif, and facebook.com/smuckers, #smuckers, @smuckers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV