- Adjusted Net Income Per Share* Increased 5.1% to $0.08 -
- Achieved Positive System-Wide Same-Store Sales in Nine of the Last Ten Quarters -
SPARTANBURG, S.C., Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Denny's Corporation (Nasdaq:DENN), franchisor and operator of one of America's largest franchised full-service restaurant chains, today reported results for its third quarter ended September 25, 2013.Third Quarter Summary
- Domestic system-wide same-store sales increased 1.2%, comprised of a 1.3% increase at domestic franchised restaurants and a 0.7% increase at company restaurants.
- Opened nine new franchised restaurants including one non-traditional location at Wright State University and three international locations including Denny's first restaurants in Chile and El Salvador.
- Net Income increased by 31.1% to $7.0 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, compared with the prior year quarter Net Income of $5.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share.
- Adjusted Net Income per Share* of $0.08 increased 5.1% compared with the prior year quarter Adjusted Net Income per Share* of $0.07. Adjusted Net Income* excludes debt refinancing charges, impairment charges and gains on sales of assets and other. Please see the tables in the Appendix for a reconciliation of Adjusted Net Income*.
- Generated $11.6 million of Free Cash Flow* primarily used to repurchase 1.8 million shares.