First National Bank Alaska’s (OTCBB:FBAK) net income for third quarter 2013 was $8.3 million or $25.70 per share. This compares to $11.1 million or $34.23 per share for the same quarter in 2012. Year-to-date income of $24.5 million compares to prior period net income of $30.7 million. Lower yield on investment securities continue to compress interest margins. Current year loan loss provisions are not benefiting from as large recoveries as in prior year periods.
The year-to-date average yield on earning assets decreased 15 basis points to 3.40% from 3.55% for the same period in 2012.
September 30, 2013, total assets grew to $3.136 billion on strong deposit growth, an increase of $196.2 million.
Alaskan-owned and operated since 1922, First National proudly meets the
financial needs of Alaskans with ATMs and 30 branches in 18 communities
throughout the state. Forbes named the bank one of the nation's Most
Trustworthy Companies in 2012 and 2013. Visit
for more information about Alaska's largest locally-owned bank and
access to efficient and secure online banking services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV