- Use battery-powered tea lights or glow sticks in jack o' lanterns instead of burning candles.
- Place candle-lit jack o' lanterns and luminaries on sturdy tables and away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains.
- Wear flame-resistant costumes and never walk near lit candles or luminaries.
- Keep walking areas and steps well lit and free of obstacles to avoid falls.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags to be visible to drivers.
- Ensure that costume masks allow proper visibility.
- Wherever possible use established crosswalks and look both ways before crossing the street.
JCP&L Offers Halloween Safety Tips
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.