MORRISTOWN, N.J., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) reminds all trick or treaters and their parents to stay in well-lit areas and to follow safety guidelines for Halloween.
Thousands of children are expected to go house to house celebrating Halloween, especially during dusk when visibility is low. Children should wear reflective costumes and carry flashlights or glow sticks to help ensure their visibility. Drivers should also take caution.
Additional Halloween safety tips include:
- Use battery-powered tea lights or glow sticks in jack o' lanterns instead of burning candles.
- Place candle-lit jack o' lanterns and luminaries on sturdy tables and away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains.
- Wear flame-resistant costumes and never walk near lit candles or luminaries.
- Keep walking areas and steps well lit and free of obstacles to avoid falls.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags to be visible to drivers.
- Ensure that costume masks allow proper visibility.
- Wherever possible use established crosswalks and look both ways before crossing the street.
Additional safety recommendations can be found at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, www.cdc.gov/family/halloween.JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million New Jersey customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L and Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL. SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV