UN Human Rights Investigators To Discuss N. Korea Violations At National Press Club Newsmaker News Conference
WASHINGTON, Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The three members of the UN Human Rights Council Commission of Inquiry (COI) established last March to investigate widespread violations of human rights in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) will discuss concerns raised by their probe at a National Press Club Newsmakers news conference on Friday, November 1.
Violations the COI is investigating are those related to the right to food, prison camps, torture and inhuman treatment, arbitrary detention, freedom of expression, freedom of movement, the right to life and enforced disappearances, including abduction of foreign nationals. North Korea has denounced the inquiry on numerous occasions and has refused to cooperate with the COI.
The COI members are: Commission Chairman Michael Kirby, a former Australian judge and previous UN Special Representative on human rights in Cambodia; Marzuki Darusman from Indonesia, who is also the UN's current Special Rapporteur on the situation on human rights in North Korea; and Sonja Biserko of Serbia, the founder and president of the Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Serbia.This National Press Club Newsmaker event is scheduled for Friday, November 1 at 10:30 a.m. in the club's Zenger Room, on the 13 th Floor of the National Press Building at 529 14 th Street NW, Washington, DC 20045. Contact: NPC Vice President and International Correspondents Committee Chair Myron Belkind202-412-9257, email@example.com Herb Perone, NPC Newsmakers Chair, 301-512-7636, firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE National Press Club
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV