Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced the Early Access program for Samsung mobile developers as an extension of its successful NDEV mobile developer program. Created specifically for Samsung’s ecosystem of mobile developers and announced at the Samsung Developer Conference in San Francisco, Nuance is offering early access to new NDEV features and pricing promotions for mobile apps for Samsung’s platforms, including the galaxy and Samsung Smart TV device lineup.
In addition to voice recognition, NDEV gives developers access to more than 40 languages and 61 voices for text-to-speech, providing developers with a unique opportunity to create voice-enabled apps that span their global consumer base. The new features as part of the Early Access program include:
- Custom Vocabularies: Different apps have different needs, with an entirely unique set of words and phrases they must hear and understand. Participating developers will be able to create their own customized vocabularies that create a truly unique experience for their apps – whether you need a vocabulary set tailored to music, video, games, education, news and content, health and fitness, specific product names and brands, and more.
- Expanded Support for Samsung TV Apps: Nuance’s NDEV program gives developers access to language models specifically optimized for the second-screen TV app experience. Nuance is expanding that support for Samsung developers, providing access to French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- Universal Access: Samsung mobile developers will have access to one million free transactions per month, per application developer – creating even more flexibility and support to bring innovative apps to market.
“We designed the Early Access program specifically for Samsung’s incredibly unique set of developers, and are giving them even more support and resources to build customizable voice applications as part of the Samsung mobile experience,” said Matt Revis, vice president and general manager, Dragon Devices. “This exclusive program gives Samsung’s Android developer community more options and flexibility for Samsung phones, tablets and TVs.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts