Boroden also applies her Fibonacci theory to the timing of the market, looking at the number of days between market moves. Here, her analysis flagged from Oct 28 through Nov 5th as the days when the market is most likely to take its pause.
Boroden and Cramer both agreed that now is an excellent time to take profits, as the market has had a big rally and it's never a mistake to lock in a gain after a big market move.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer sounded off on the moronic trading in Apple.
Cramer said the press is always in a race to get the story told, even if they don't yet know what the story is. That's how Apple's stock was able to get hit for $15 a share after the "headlines" reported stalled gross margins. But as soon as investors learned that an accounting change at Apple deferred nearly $1 billion in revenues, the stock immediately took a $21 a share bounce off the bottom.Similar events occurred on another Action Alerts PLUS holding, Eaton (ETN), during its earnings call; investors learned, after the headlines, that orders were on the rise towards the end of the quarter. Cramer said sometimes it makes sense to beat the other guy to the market, but for the most part, jumping in after a company reports, is never a smart move. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV