NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple
(AAPL) reports earnings after the close on Monday, and TheStreet's Jim Cramer is with Brittany Umar, discussing expectations.
Cramer suggested that a good report could send shares to $550, while a bad one could push it down to $475, a level that Cramer said he would consider to be a buying opportunity.
Cramer said the last time the stock was getting hit hard, it found support when the dividend yield reached 3%, suggesting this could again act as support if the stock starts to sell off.
Hedge fund manager Carl Icahn could also create a support level for the stock with his vocal ownership role, as he calls for a huge share buyback, Cramer said.
Cramer said the following things keep Apple attractive: its price-to-earnings ratio of 12, its solid dividend yield and the new iPhone and iPad products.
The iPhone launch included two different versions, the 5S and 5C. The former has better margins and seems to be selling better than the latter.
Although analysts have been ratcheting up quarterly estimates, the company also boosted its expectations to the higher end of its previous guidance range.
Cramer said the holiday quarter should be quite bullish, with the new iPhones and iPads in the mix.
Next quarter should bode well for the company, which appears to have momentum in both its share price and its new products, said Cramer. Icahn and a potential dividend boost could add to that momentum, he concluded.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Jim Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, owned shares of Apple.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV