CHICAGO, Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) has issued its annual Peak Performance Awards to recognize outstanding environmental compliance. This year, five Veolia Water North America (Veolia) clean water partnerships were honored, including Vancouver, Wash. (two Platinum awards); Milwaukee, Wis. (two Platinum awards); Wilmington, Del. (Gold award); Gresham, Ore. (Gold award); and New Orleans, La. (one Gold award and one Silver award).
NACWA is a nationally recognized leader in environmental policy and its Peak Performance Awards recognize member agency facilities for outstanding compliance with their National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit limits. The NPDES permit was launched in 1972 and has been responsible for major improvements to U.S. water quality, through the regulation of point sources which discharge pollutants into waters.
The NACWA Peak Performance awards consist of three categories:
- Platinum awards recognize 100 percent compliance with NPDES permits over a consecutive five-year period.
- Gold awards honor 100 percent compliance for an entire calendar year.
- Silver awards recognize facilities that have received no more than five NPDES permit violations during the calendar year.
"The NACWA award is a direct recognition of our clients' desire for innovative approaches to protect the environment and that's why winning these compliance awards is so meaningful," said Terry Mah, president and CEO of Veolia Environnement North America. "We're thrilled with our employees' successes and very proud to be part of these communities."Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE and NYSE: VE) is the worldwide reference in environmental solutions. With 220,000 employees*, the company has operations all around the world and provides tailored solutions to meet the needs of municipal and industrial customers in three complementary segments: water management, waste management and energy management. Veolia Environnement recorded revenue of $38.8 billion* in 2012. www.veolia.com * Excluding VeoliaTransdev employees and revenues currently under divestment SOURCE Veolia Environnement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV