Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the RF and Microwave Industry-Ready Student Certification program, developed in conjunction with the University of South Florida, a founding partner.
The program, a collaboration between universities and industry, recognizes students who have demonstrated RF/MW design and measurement expertise.
“Nearly two dozen of the top engineering universities in the United States and Canada are in the process of enrolling in the program,” said Mark Pierpoint, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Software and Modular Solutions Division. “The curriculum and labs at each university focus on the design, building, measurement and analysis of RF/MW components to help students gain real-world understanding of design and measurement techniques. Students completing the program receive recognition as qualified Agilent RF/MW Industry-Ready Students.”
The certification program demonstrates immediate value to prospective employers and confirms each university’s interest in preparing students for future industry contribution.“The Agilent RF/MW Student Certification program provides industry distinction for our students,” said Tom Weller, USF professor and Wireless and Microwave Information Systems (WAMI) program center director. “The certification program gives graduating students of the WAMI program hands-on experience in solving real-world RF problems,” said Gio Cafaro, distinguished member of the technical staff at Motorola Solutions. “They finish with a working knowledge of design, simulation and measurement of RF devices and systems.” “The Agilent certification program provides recognition of student achievements in RF design flow, identifying students who can begin to deliver faster and higher-level results to our industry partners or their ultimate employers,” said Tamal Bose, professor and department head at the University of Arizona. The Agilent RF/MW Industry-Ready Student Certification program uses Agilent EEsof EDA software design tools and instruments. Certification requirements include:
- Passing the RF/MW design course and lab.
- Completing the required hours of Agilent EEsof design tools use.
- Completing the required use of Agilent instruments while learning key fundamentals for accurate RF calibration and measurement.
- Nomination by a university professor for certification.
- Passing a final hands-on test, demonstrating aptitude in the subject matter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV