- Paid Social Trends: Facebook is becoming increasingly attractive to brand marketers with ad click volume up by 29 percent YoY. In addition, ad impressions grew by 85 percent YoY and cost per thousand impressions of an ad (CPM) increased by 120 percent.
- Owned Social Trends: Revenue per Visit (RPV) rose YoY illustrating an increase in value for social media marketing. RPV grew 39 percent for Facebook, 300 percent for Twitter and 150 percent for Pinterest. Facebook is still the leader for social referrals to retail sites, but Facebook’s share in referral traffic is down 20 percent from 77 percent in 2012 while the share for Twitter and Pinterest increased by 258 percent and 84 percent, respectively.
- Earned Social Trends: Social engagement on Facebook grew by 115 percent while the number of brand postings increased by 9 percent YoY. Brand posts containing an image produced an engagement rate 600 percent higher than text-based posts. In addition, Tumblr earned the most positive sentiment of all social platforms.
Revenue Per Visit (RPV) Has Increased YoY Illustrating An Increase In Value For Social Media Marketing: Facebook: Up 39% YoY; Twitter: Up 300% YoY; And Pinterest: Up 150% YoY (Graphic: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts