BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The Federal Reserve is in the spotlight this morning, as investors wait for the results of another two-day policy committee meeting on Wednesday. And investors expect the faucet to keep flowing into 2014.
By and large, the consensus is that the $85 billion monthly QE3 program won't end this year but instead some time in early 2014. That veer off course becomes especially interesting given presumptive Fed Chairman Janet Yellen's bent toward stimulus. Bernanke may be more inclined to smooth the transition by keeping the cash flowing.
Meanwhile, earnings season is catching investors' attention too. With some of the biggest names on Wall Street set to announce their quarterly numbers this week, expect a couple of interesting days for the big indexes. We'll take advantage of the flux too, courtesy of five new Rocket Stock names.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 220 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 89.3%. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV