DUBLIN, Ireland, Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Prothena Corporation plc (Nasdaq:PRTA), a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibodies for the potential treatment of a broad range of diseases, today announced that it will host its Research and Development Day on Monday, November 4, 2013 from 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m. ET at the New York Palace Hotel in New York, NY.
A live webcast of the conference can be accessed through the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.prothena.com . Following the live presentation, a replay of the webcast will be available on the Company's website for 90 days.
Prothena management and scientists will discuss the Company's progress on its lead programs:
- NEOD001, a monoclonal antibody targeting AL and AA amyloid for the potential treatment of amyloidosis
- PRX002, a monoclonal antibody targeting alpha-synuclein for the potential treatment of Parkinson's disease
- PRX003, a monoclonal antibody targeting MCAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule) for the potential treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancers
- Brian Fiske, PhD, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
- Eliezer Masliah, MD, Neurology, University of California, San Diego
- Pat Napoda, Amyloidosis Foundation
- Ted Yednock, PhD, Scientific Advisor to Prothena, Former EVP and Head of Global Research at Elan Pharmaceuticals (Athena Neurosciences)
- Jeffrey A. Zonder, MD, Associate Professor of Oncology and Medicine and Leader, Multiple Myeloma Program, Wayne State School of Medicine and Karmanos Cancer Institute
CONTACT: Investors: Tran Nguyen, CFO 650-837-8535, IR@prothena.com Media: Anita Kawatra 646-256-5116, firstname.lastname@example.org