Altria Group, Inc. (Altria) (NYSE:MO) today announced that it is commencing a cash tender offer for up to $2,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount (the “Tender Cap”) of its senior unsecured notes identified in the table below (the “Notes”). Concurrently, Altria is commencing an underwritten public offering of new senior unsecured notes (the “New Notes”). Altria expects these transactions to reduce the weighted average coupon rate and future interest expense and extend the weighted average maturity of its consolidated debt.
The terms and conditions of the tender offer are described in the Offer to Purchase, dated October 28, 2013, and the related Letter of Transmittal. The following table sets forth the Notes subject to the tender offer and certain information relating to pricing for the tender offer.
|Title of Securities||CUSIP Number||Outstanding Principal Amount||Acceptance Priority Level||Aggregate Maximum Purchase Sublimit*||Early Tender Payment**||U.S. Treasury Reference Security||Fixed Spread (bps)||Bloomberg Reference Page|
|9.950% Notes due 2038||02209SAE3||$||1,500,000,000||$30||2.875% due 05/15/2043||198||FIT1|
|10.200% Notes due 2039||02209SAH6||$||1,500,000,000||$30||2.875% due 05/15/2043||198||FIT1|
|9.700% Notes due 2018||02209SAD5||$||1,949,308,000||$30||1.375% due 09/30/2018||95||FIT1|
|9.250% Notes due 2019||02209SAJ2||$||1,350,692,000||$30||1.375% due 09/30/2018||135||FIT1|
* Applies to the aggregate principal amount of Notes with Acceptance Priority Level 1.** Per $1,000 principal amount of Notes validly tendered and not validly withdrawn at or prior to the Early Tender Deadline and accepted for purchase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV