SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBNT) ("Ubiquiti") today announced it has named Steven R. Altman, Vice Chairman of Qualcomm, Rafael Torres, CFO of OCZ Technology Group and Ubiquiti CFO Craig Foster to the company's board of directors.
" Steve Altman's extensive experience in the wireless communications market and Rafael Torres' deep financial expertise are powerful additions to our Board of Directors," said Robert J. Pera, CEO at Ubiquiti Networks. "These new board members will be important contributors to our next phase of growth."
Steven R. Altman first joined Qualcomm in 1989 as Corporate Counsel and was the chief architect of the company's strategy for licensing its broad intellectual property portfolio for wireless communications, which accelerated the growth of CDMA technology. Under Altman's leadership, the company entered into domestic and international licensing agreements with the world's largest telecommunications and electronics companies. He became Vice President and General Counsel of Qualcomm in 1992. In 1998, he was appointed Executive Vice President, and in 2000 he was named President of Qualcomm's Technology Licensing Division. From 2005 to 2011, Altman was appointed and served as the president of Qualcomm where his leadership and contributions helped drive the company's successful growth, evolution and expansion. Altman graduated from Northern Arizona University in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in political science and administration. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1986.
"Ubiquiti has impressed me as an innovator of wireless technologies," said Altman. "I'm excited to be joining Ubiquiti's board during a time of such rapid growth and look forward to lending my guidance as the company continues to expand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV