NEWARK, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Depomed, Inc. (NASDAQ: DEPO) today announced that it has launched Lazanda® (fentanyl) nasal spray with its newly formed dedicated team of regional sales specialists and the new Signature™ Support Program. Lazanda is indicated for the management of breakthrough pain in cancer patients (BTPc) 18 years of age and older who are already receiving and who are tolerant to opioid therapy for their underlying persistent cancer pain.
"Breakthrough pain is very common among cancer patients, and can be properly managed to reduce the number and severity of episodes and the interference of daily activities," said Dr. Emil Annabi, Director of Pain Management and Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Arizona, Tucson. "Studies show that breakthrough pain is associated with poorer function and higher cost of care, which is why cancer patients need support services so they can focus on getting pain relief and not be troubled by reimbursement and access issues."
Depomed's new Signature Support Program is designed to streamline patient access to Lazanda. Enrollment in the program is simple and easy for patients. The service provides one-on-one support for healthcare professionals and their patients by offering several services, including:
- Benefit verification and prior authorization facilitation
- Reimbursement assistance with co-pay support
- Eligibility for up to one-month free trial of Lazanda
- 1-800 reimbursement support hotline
- Monthly patient prescription reminders
"We recognize that patients with breakthrough cancer pain face many challenges, including reimbursement and access issues," said Jim Schoeneck President and CEO of Depomed, Inc "With the new Signature Support Program, patients can take advantage of a variety of coordinated resources to make sure the process of starting on Lazanda is as simple as possible."About LazandaLazanda (fentanyl) nasal spray is a prescription medicine used to manage breakthrough pain in adults (18 years of age or older) who are already routinely taking other opioid pain medicines around-the-clock for cancer pain. Lazanda is a Schedule 2 controlled substance and uses the patented PecSys® drug delivery system. Lazanda delivers fentanyl in a rapid, but controlled manner and is designed to deliver a fine mist spray to the nasal membrane. Each spray of Lazanda forms a gel when it contacts the nasal mucosa. The active ingredient is then rapidly absorbed across the mucus membrane and directly into the blood stream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV