CARLSBAD, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command has taken delivery of off-the-shelf mobile devices with advanced information security engineered by ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT). The USMC is now beginning evaluation of this first production delivery of 150 protected mobile devices on a beta service network. The new secure mobile system will be available on any Android device, and multiple carrier service pilots are scheduled to begin this fall.
While this development is for government unclassified and classified use, the ViaSat system is based entirely on commercial technology and is designed to provide secure communication of sensitive information for any government or commercial customer. The technology creates a virtual secure environment on standard android devices, enabling a highly trusted platform for secure enterprise extension to the mobile network.
"We've delivered this secure virtualization in a standard android device to enable a highly-trusted platform for the mobile enterprise," said Jon Korecki, executive director of Secure Network Systems at ViaSat. "Now we're at work on integrating these protected commercial devices into a variety of carrier networks and managed services."ViaSat cyber and information security for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) smartphones and tablets adds three key protection benefits:
- Secure communications over 3G/4G/LTE cellular and Wi-Fi networks.
- Secure storage of sensitive data.
- Protection against malware attacks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV