AHIMA CONFERENCE-- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced a significant enhancement to its Clintegrity 360 platform that integrates clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and computer-assisted coding (CAC) into one seamless process. This single, web-based solution creates a natural and efficient way for clinicians to create more complete and accurate clinical documentation, while supporting downstream revenue cycle and quality reporting processes. Nuance Clintegrity 360 will be demonstrated in booth #1226 at the 2013 American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Convention & Exhibits October 27 – 30.
A Single Platform for CAC, CDI and Regulatory Compliance
Healthcare organizations can now efficiently manage these complex initiatives with a single intelligent system that integrates advanced technology, workflows and information in a meaningful way, connecting physicians, clinical documentation improvement specialists and coders to help drive clinical accuracy, compliance and revenue integrity from end-to-end. Powered by Nuance’s Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) technology, Clintegrity 360 provides computer-assisted solutions for coders, CDI specialists and physicians.
“With the increasing pressure healthcare provider organizations are feeling from ICD-10, Meaningful Use and various forms of value-based reimbursement and medical necessity requirements, customers are rethinking their entire clinical documentation chain,” said Peter Durlach, senior vice president of marketing, product management & strategy, Nuance. “In this new era of healthcare, clinical documentation is playing an even more strategic role in the delivery and reimbursement of high quality care, and our Clintegrity 360 platform is designed to help our customers operate successfully in this new environment.”Clintegrity’s single platform provides:
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 Computer-Assisted Coding & Compliance – Computer-assisted coding and compliance for inpatient and outpatient settings enables providers to improve coder productivity up to 89 percent, reduce time-to-bill up to 80 percent and improve overall coding accuracy. With Clintegrity 360™ | Computer-Assisted Coding, provider organizations can educate their coders on ICD-10 in real-time by having the system automatically suggest both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes for the same patient case. In addition, the solution automatically highlights the evidence used in selecting codes and maintains an audit trail to support compliance, quality and auditing requirements.
- Computer-Assisted CDI – By combining Nuance’s core CLU technology with the proven J.A. Thomas clinical CDI guidelines and program, Clintegrity 360 also delivers computer-assisted CDI to help organizations achieve higher quality care, more appropriate reimbursement, and enhanced medical necessity compliance while also improving CDI team productivity with auto-suggested high-value clarifications.
- Computer-Assisted Physician Documentation – This enables organizations to automatically prompt physicians in real-time with high confidence CDI clarifications directly within their electronic health record’s (EHR) native physician documentation workflow. Because these clarifications are automatically presented at the point of documentation, physicians learn how to document more appropriately, and this improves their responses rates and satisfaction while the productivity of the CDI team can also increase by as much as 50 percent.
- Shared Visibility and Communication about Patient Cases – Clintegrity enables coders to have a real-time view into the complete CDI process for more accurate and concurrent coding. Additionally, coders and CDI team members share a common view of the patient case, and can communicate within Clintegrity – thereby improving coding throughput and accuracy while minimizing disruptive physician queries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV