AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chuy's Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:CHUY) today announced the following changes to its Board of Directors. These changes, which are effective immediately, comply with certain NASDAQ Marketplace Rules related to board of directors' independence ahead of the allowable phase-in period following the loss of controlled company status.
- Jose "Joe" Ferreira, Jr. has resigned as Chairman of the Board of Directors, a title he has held since November 2006 when Goode Partners purchased Chuy's. Mr. Ferreira is a co-founder, partner and managing member of Goode Partners LLC.
- Michael Stanley has resigned from the Company's Board. Mr. Stanley has served as a member of the Board since May 2011. Mr. Stanley is a Vice President at Goode Partners LLC.
- Michael Young and John Zapp have been appointed as Co-Chairmen of the Board of directors. Mr. Young and Mr. Zapp are co-founders of the Chuy's restaurant concept and have served as members of the Board since November 2006.
"It has been a privilege to serve as Chairman through an exciting period in the Company's history, which included the 2012 IPO, and I remain excited about Chuy's future," stated Joe Ferreira, former Chairman of Chuy's Holdings. "From day one, Chuy's has had a founder's driven culture, and as a result, I believe Mike and John are natural choices to assume leadership of the Board. Not only have they nourished Chuy's since its inception, but they have continued to play active roles as Board members in the maturation and growth of the business, with a focus on governance, culture club for new employees and assisting Steve Hislop and his team. Their in-depth knowledge of Chuy's and the restaurant industry ensure that the Company and its leadership remain in very good hands."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV