U.S. Bank Wealth Management, ranked among the top 20 U.S. wealth managers,* announced today that Mike Ott has been named President of The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank, the bank’s high-net-worth business with 37 offices in 19 states and employing 1,300 financial professionals. He will also become a member of U.S. Bank’s Wealth Management Executive Committee. Ott previously served as Central Region President and Twin Cities Market Leader for The Private Client Reserve.
“Mike’s wealth management expertise and creative and collaborative nature make him a perfect fit for this critical leadership position,” said Mark Jordahl, President of U.S. Bank Wealth Management. “He has been deeply involved in helping build The Private Client Reserve and brings strong depth of knowledge and a passion for the wealth management business.”
Ott joined U.S. Bank in 2009 as head of investments for The Private Client Reserve, Twin Cities. He was named Twin Cities Market Leader for The Private Client Reserve in 2010 and appointed Central Region President in 2011. During his 18-year career in financial services, Ott held a number of other leadership roles in institutional and private asset management, institutional equity sales, and also served as the head of equity research at Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis.
Ott is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and earned an M.B.A. from Boston College. A Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve, Ott served six-and-a-half years in active duty and continues to serve with the Minnesota National Guard and at the Pentagon as an advisor for cyber operations and innovation. This year, he was instrumental in helping U.S. Bank win the coveted Freedom Award, the highest honor given to employers in recognition of a company’s commitment to supporting National Guard and Reserve employees. He continues to be a strong advocate for veterans and their families within U.S. Bank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV