As part of Rackspace Data Services, a collection of SQL and NoSQL data offerings available as a service, Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, is announcing the availability of the Hortonworks Data Platform powered by Apache Hadoop in both the managed hosting environment and the Rackspace public cloud. Customers can choose the right environment to host their Big Data solutions, and take advantage of a hybrid cloud approach to achieve the best overall application performance. Rackspace is also offering managed services around the Big Data solution to ease the operational burden for customers.
“The volume of data being processed in businesses today is astounding. Companies need help analysing and extracting value from this vast amount of information, as Big Data solutions are difficult to deploy and harder to maintain,” said John Engates, CTO of Rackspace. “With Rackspace’s Managed and Cloud Big Data Platform offerings, we’re providing an open, hybrid Big Data solution for dedicated and cloud instances. Combining this technological expertise with enhanced support from Hortonworks allows us to bring a best-in-class Big Data solution to market.”
Rackspace Managed Big Data offering provides an optimized Big Data platform powered by Apache Hadoop that is aimed at reducing operational burden, while providing open source application integration. Specific benefits include:
- Design an optimal Big Data configuration: Offers customized configurations to address specific data processing requirements such as high compute, high storage, and balanced workloads. Multiple supported storage devices, reference architectures and flexible network design allow customers to design environments for their specific use case.
- Reduces Operational Burden: Reduces the amount of time required to deploy and maintain data processing environments. This solution allows customers to leverage Fanatical Support ® and the deep expertise of Rackspace and Hortonworks to help with patching , cluster management, job execution and standard maintenance.
- Integrates with Custom Applications: Allows customers to leverage the full range of tools in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem to integrate with business intelligence or data applications with no additional re-tooling.
With the managed service offering, customers are able to deploy a fully featured and supported Hadoop-powered infrastructure through a single vendor contract, while leveraging a service level guarantee from Rackspace to support and maintain the environment."We are excited to be working with Rackspace to bring the Hortonworks Data Platform to the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud," said John Kreisa, vice president of strategic marketing, Hortonworks. "By combining the open source commitments of Rackspace and Hortonworks, we are creating a platform of capabilities that accelerates the adoption of open standards, while continuing to deliver expertise to the broader Hadoop community."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts