PASCAGOULA, Miss., Oct. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries' (NYSE:HII) Ingalls Shipbuilding division christened the National Security Cutter (NSC) Hamilton (WMSL 753) today in front of nearly 1,000 guests. Hamilton is the fourth NSC Ingalls has built for the U.S. Coast Guard.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: https://newsroom.huntingtoningalls.com/ImageLibrary/detail.aspx?MediaDetailsID=782 .
Adm. Robert J. Papp Jr., commandant of the Coast Guard, served as the keynote speaker. "As a sailor myself, I've learned that when you're sailing against the wind and the tide, getting to your desired destination often requires a great amount of effort and sometimes takes longer than you thought it might," he said. "But I can count among our most satisfying accomplishments over the last several years that we have the construction of at least eight National Security Cutters in our sight."Papp compared the christening to a wedding, saying, "It's the Coast Guard family coming together with the Ingalls family for a great adventure and a great providence. It is, in fact, a wedding. It's a marriage built out of business, but it is definitely a partnership, and we appreciate our partnership with Ingalls." Adm. Papp's wife, Linda Kapral Papp, is the ship's sponsor. She smashed a ceremonial bottle across the ship's bow, officially christening WMSL 753, " Hamilton." The ship is named in honor of Alexander Hamilton, who is credited with establishing the Revenue Cutter Service, the forerunner of today's U.S. Coast Guard. It is the third Coast Guard cutter to bear the name Hamilton. HII President and CEO Mike Petters said the ship's namesake "would be most proud of the fact that this ship is the product of a manufacturing company like HII, from a community like Pascagoula, and the result of an American industrial base that includes 649 suppliers from 39 states."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV