CAPE TOWN, South Africa,
October 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
takes line honours in Race 3 of the 2013-14 edition of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race from
Rio de Janeiro
, securing its first win of the unique 40,000 mile challenge for amateur crew.
(44) from Essex celebrated in style after winning a valuable twelve points, he said, "This is a great boost for the crew who have worked so hard in this race to achieve a well-deserved victory. We led the fleet for the first 8 to 10 hours out of Rio but then came a point we had to make the strategic decision to push further south. We went from first to eighth but then it started to pay off.
"You have to take advantage of the wind that is available and the new yachts go very, very fast when you do. Thankfully it paid off and tactics worked out beautifully on this race and I'm very happy. Well done team!"
After racing the 4,000 miles in the last two weeks from
Rio de Janeiro
, the brand new matched fleet of twelve 70 foot ocean racers continue to provide very close racing. Round the world crew member on board
"It was a very tactical race. We followed the wind and then we found it we went into the lead. It was a great race."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts